Friday, May 8, 2009

Movies

I wasn't very techy in the movies project. I tried hard to view them, expecially the Hunters. I enjoyed learning some new words. The most trouble I had with any of the lessons, was writing. I could say the would correctly, but when I had to test out or spell it would get it wrong.I have written words a hndred times, to make sure I get it right. And it helps to test, as it picks out where you need to brush up on for sure. (smile) Language Now and BKFI (now sure of the acronmyn0 there are excellent language tools. I am so glad to be able to utilze them. I will treasure them for a lifetime. (Thanks Brian). We need to compile our language resources, games, or whatever we have found on the internet. It has been fun doing research too, I have learned many subjects as we were guided through this by the instructors. It helps to be focused, we read the Hadley text, I remember I had to tell myself, this is not hard, not hard to read, not hard to comprehend, just think positive and it will come around and you will like it. Surprisingly, it happened. It is a wonderful resource too, as we plan and develop our own curriculum for teaching the language. I have loved reading all the discussions, and being assigned to different groups, it makes it easier to express yourself, when you are with a bunch of trusted cohorts and teachers. Hope everyone had so much fun as I have doing the assignments and attending class as I have. I know the Creator smile upon us, as we learn the language and continue to teach others what we learn. I am so proud of the young ladies in class, they are wonderful role models for other students, and community members, they are doing a wonderful job for Mille Lacs and the Academy. Take care and will see you soon. Please excuse all my typo's. (smile ) Phyllis

1 comment:

  1. Gichi-miigwech gii-ozhibii'igeyan :). Thank you for such a sincere and honest reflection on your learning. You have inspired us all in your efforts to learn about the the technologies being used in the teaching and learning of Ojibwe. I am excited to see how this is becoming a passion for so many of you, and if nothing else, has opened many many doors for future exploration :)

    ReplyDelete