Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Teaching

Hey Brian and the group
I am back to teaching a 2nd level language class for a friend of mine, who had a set of twin girls in Duluth. The babies were born early, so the mom has to stay there with them for awhile. They were born early, and are low weight etc. They are doing wonderful however and so is the mom and dad.
I will keep you updated on the babies. Little cuties, I saw some of their pics on the computer.
Fun class I am having. Today we did a session on babies (animals) that is. Refresher and also we had some on commands and directions. The kids are doing wonderful in class and we have funsaying the words and practicing each word list. (Like the animal and bird lists).
Gaawaabimin naaguj. Dedahgwash

Mino giizhigad noongom agwaaging. Giizhaate bungi. Chi Ogiizis Gizhide Maagizha Biboon gii majaa. (smile)

1 comment:

  1. Ho wha!
    Guess how long I have been saying maawuj instead of naaguj...well always until today...no one corrected me...does naawuj make sense too?
    Chi-miigwech for the sound bites of the words (wimba)...miigwech, miigwech, miigwech! I can listen to you and then repeat you as I look at the word(s)this is ideal for the listening learner(me), and...very helpful. I think the pages we are studying are 1,2,26,27,29.
    Have you shown the little ones the Ojibwe Movies? You are really doing superb! Keep it up...I appreciate your work, miigwech...Miitig

    ReplyDelete